I love stripes but finding a way to feature them in a project can be a challenge. When I find a stripe fabric that is great, I like to feature it in my project so that it looks its best. Mitered Borders are a great way to achieve this. But how do you know if the border print or stripe that you have chosen will work well for a mitered border? It is a very simple process really, let me tell you how.
- Take a piece of striped fabric that you like
- Fold it in half with the wrong sides together. If you are looking at fabric that is still on a bolt, it is already folded for you.
- Next, fold again so the folded edges are together.
- Finally, fold down the top corner (the loose one) 45 Degrees
- The pattern revealed will show you how your stripe will look when it is mitered.
- What do you think? Not sure? try it again but rotate the fabric 90 degrees first so that the stripes go the other direction.
Try this some time, it is a fast and easy way to “audition” a fabric and see how it may work for your project.
Enjoy adding some fun to your next project.