The affordable top model in the bernette series of sewing machines, with a wide range of functions
The bernette 38 is the top model in the bernette series. This computerised sewing machine offers a wide range of functions at an affordable price – leaving nothing to be desired. It offers 394 different stitches, including the stretch stitch for elastic fabrics. This means you can create fantastic T-shirts from jersey fabric, for example. The bernette 38 also has eight different 1-step buttonholes and three alphabets. In addition, it has a memory function, via which you can store various combinations of patterns and access them again at a later date. The bernette 38 has a useful speed regulator, which can be adjusted on the display. As the top model, this impressive sewing machine also has a bright LED sewing light, a threader and both an automatic and a manual thread cutter.
Automatic Limitation for Double Needles
• When you change from a single to a double needle, the "double needle button" will help adapt your needle to the presser foot
Adjusting the Presser Foot Pressure
• For some materials, such as lightweight or thin fabrics, it is advisable to adjust the presser foot pressure.
Automatic Thread Cutter and Tie-Off Function
• Simply select the tie-off button at the end of the seam and press cut the button for the automatic thread cutter and you can pull your completed work from under the needle.
Extension Table for Large Projects
• The complimentary extension table is easy to attach and detach, and gives you more space for large sewing projects such as clothes, quilts, and curtains.
Eight Included Presser Feet
• With your Bernette 38, you get eight presser feet and a stable presser foot shank. The recommended presser foot will display on the screen to compliment any stitch that is selected for a variety of sewing projects.
Learn How to Use This Machine with Our Free Class!
Automatic limitation for double needles
When you change from a single to a double needle, the "double needle button" will help you adapt your needle to the presser foot so that neither needle will inadvertently hit the presser foot and break off. The "double needle safety" function limits the stitch width so that the needle doesn't hit the presser foot.
Adjusting the presser foot pressure to suit the material
For some materials, such as lightweight or thin fabrics, it is advisable to adjust the presser foot pressure. Your bernette 38 offers this practical feature.
Automatic thread cutter and tie-off function
When you get to the end of a seam, the thread has to be tied off to prevent the seam unravelling. Normally, you would do this by making a quick backwards and forwards stitch. This is no longer necessary with the bernette 38, as it has an automatic tie-off function. Simply select the Tie-off button and the end of the seam will be tied off automatically. When you have finished your sewing project, press the button for the automatic thread cutter and you can pull your completed work out from under the needle without having to reach for the scissors.
Extension table for large sewing projects included
The extension table supplied with the bernette 38 is easy to attach and detach, and gives you more space for large sewing projects such as clothes, quilts or curtains.
Eight presser feet (soles) included – The right presser foot for any application
With your bernette 38 you get eight presser feet soles and a stable presser foot shank. You can select the appropriate presser foot for whatever you want to sew. For example, you can choose the zigzag foot for zigzag stitches, the relevant satin foot for your satin stitches and the buttonhole foot for your buttonholes. With the appropriate feet, you can accomplish your sewing projects quickly and with excellent stitch quality.
394 stitches in total, including 67 decorative stitches and 8 buttonholes
• BLINDSTITCH PRESSER FOOT - The blindstitch presser foot for attractive blind hemming on clothing and home textiles.
• BUTTON-SEW-ON FOOT - This allows you to sew on buttons and rings, as well as other ornaments.
• ZIPPER FOOT - Unlock your creativity with the zipper foot for easy and challenging sewing projects, as well as zippers and beading work.
• OVERLOCKER FOOT - The perfect presser foot for tidying up edges as well as creating decorative cuffs, hems and buttonhole seams.
• ZIG-ZAG FOOT - The ideal companion for ongoing sewing projects as well as for decorative stitches and patchwork projects.
• BUTTONHOLE FOOT WITH SLIDE - The perfect foot for sewing buttonholes, with or without cording.
• OPEN EMBROIDERY FOOT - This foot makes quick work of appliqués and embroidery projects, as well as the sewing over of lines and patterns. The open shape ensures a clear view of the seam, and is therefore ideal for sewing on tapes and ribbon.
• EMBROIDERY FOOT WITH CLEAR SOLE - The transparent sole affords a consistently clear view of the sewing project, ensuring that decorative and satin stitches, appliqués and off-the-edge scallops turn out particularly well.
• Foot control
• Needle assortment
• Spool disc (X 2) (Large)
• Spool disc (X 2) (Small) (1x set on the machine)
• Second spool pin
• Bobbin (X 4) (1x set in the machine)
• Lint brush
• Seam ripper (buttonhole opener)
• Spool net
• Hard cover
• Extension table