The Snap-Hoop system in action:
I recently had the opportunity to try out the new Snap-Hoop from Designs In Machine Embroidery. This magnetic hoop was really easy to use and worked quite well. The hoop has two pieces to it: a metal base and a magnetic top hoop. Since it comes in different sizes for different machine brands, you will need to pick the size that will best suit your embroidery needs.
Here’s what you do once you receive your Snap-Hoop set:
- The base of the hoop attaches to your machine as any normal hoop does.
- Simply place your fabric and stabilizer over the hoop’s base and then place the top piece over that to secure the fabric in place. The set even comes with ruler stickers that can be placed on the top hoop to aid with the realignment of your project.
- When you put your fabric in the hoop, align the reference lines that you have drawn on your fabric with the same measurement marking on both the top and bottom of the hoop. The magnetic top grips the fabric quite nicely.
- When you are ready to continue on to the next design; just lift the top hoop off, move the fabric to the next location, make sure that you reference line matches the appropriate ruler markings.
- Adjust the needle to the correct location and sew. Simply perfect!
I found that the Snap Hoop worked well with designs of typical density and made it quite easy to sew larger continuous designs, quilts, towels, and even awkward to hoop items. Since the hoop holds things flat, not bending the fabric around an inner hoop, I found that it was great for decorative papers, wood projects and was less likely to warp the fabric.
If you enjoy embroidering on many different types of projects, like I do, you will like the ease of working with Snap-Hoop. Leave a comment below to share your experiences with Snap-Hoop. I’m eager to hear how it’s working out for everybody and what projects you’re attempting with it.
PS (added 8/17/2010):
The Snap Hoop versions work with these machines:
Pfaff/Viking 260X200 Snap Hoop Fits These Machines:
Viking Designer Diamond, Viking Designer Topaz 20, Viking Designer Topaz 30, Pfaff Creative Vision, Pfaff Creative 4.0, Pfaff Creative 2.0
Pfaff/Viking 120X120 Snap Hoop Fits These Machines:
Viking Designer Diamond, Viking Designer SE & SE LE, Viking Designer Topaz 20, Viking Designer Topaz 30, Pfaff Creative Vision, Pfaff Creative 4.0, Pfaff Creative 2.0
Brother/Babylock Snap Hoop 4×4 and 5X7 Fits These Machines:
Baby Lock Ellisimo BLS0
Baby Lock Ellegante BLG
Baby Lock Ellegante2 BLG2
Baby Lock Esante BLN
Baby Lock Ellageo BLL
Baby Lock Ellageo Plus BLL2
Brother Quattro 6000D
Brother Duetta 4500D
Brother Innov-is 4000D
Brother Innov-is 2500D
Brother Innov-is 1500D