Do you want to make sure that your embroidery designs stitch right where you want them? Not to mention, easily? Well I have the answer for you, Pink Tape! Officially known as Floriani’s Embroidery Perfection Tape.
1. Start by marking your fabric with the horizontal and vertical center placement lines for your design. You will also want to make sure that you are using the proper stabilizer for your fabric and design.
2. Take a look a your inner hoop. At the top/bottom and left/right sides you will see raised marks (here on referred to by ‘my’ technical term “Nubbins”). These marks, while not necessarily in the center of your hoop do really reflect the center of the actual embroidery field.
3. Take a piece of Pink Tape long enough to reach from the top to the bottom of the hoop and then a bit more. Align your piece of tape from the center of the top nubbin to the center of the bottom nubbin. Now repeat with a new piece of tape from left to right. Stick it just to the nubbins and not to your work surface.
4. Now take the inner hoop, with the pink tape, and place it over the placement marks on your fabric ( I aligned the left edge of the tape to the vertical center line and the top of the tape to the horizontal line). Once in the proper place, gently secure the tape to the fabric.
5. Now carefully secure the fabric in the hoop and remove the pink tape (save it, you can reuse it for your next hooping). Put your hoop on the machine and embroider with confidence!