EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Register by February 25th for just $239!
Here are the full details of what this amazing retreat includes:
Does longarm quilting interest you, and you’d like to learn more about it? Or maybe you just want a review of longarm quilting basics? This class removes the mystery of longarm quilting by explaining machine and frame elements and features, how to load a quilt, and vital facts about thread, needles & tension. Handi Quilter longarm machine and frame systems come in various sizes for every budget, and they’re user-friendly because they are designed by quilters for quilters – just like you!
OBJECTIVE: Learn skills that will help you manage your longarm machine with confidence.
• Definition of longarm quilting terms
• Basic machine and frame features
• Bobbins, tension, needles, and thread
• Loading quilts
• Free motion, pantographs, rulers, and accessories
Fast, Fun, Fabulous Free Motion
Quilters everywhere LOVE the excitement and fun of free-motion quilting — and it’s easier than you think! Create flowing designs by connecting simple design elements with continuous lines, traveling across the quilt, or filling in a specific area. Learn how drawing and muscle memory contribute to beautiful free-motion quilting, and how you can create stunning designs.
OBJECTIVE: Learn to create free-motion designs that can be used to finish any quilt.
• How to develop a library of free-motion designs
• Proper scaling and spacing of design elements
• Edge-to-edge free-motion quilting
• Adjusting your quilting path to create your own new designs
• Using micro handles and adjustable handlebars for free-motion control
Introduction to Pro-Stitcher
Want to try custom quilting? Pro-Stitcher is an intuitive computer-guided quilting system designed especially for use with Handi Quilter longarm quilting machines. User-friendly and simple to operate, the step-by-step processes for all of the functions are easy and fun. Whether you’re finishing your own quilts or considering a quilting business, you will enjoy experiencing the elegant and precise quilting you can accomplish with Pro-Stitcher.
OBJECTIVE: Students will set up a design in an area, quilt it, set up an edge-to-edge design, and learn the basics of advancing and repositioning designs.
• Basic overview of how to use Pro-Stitcher
• Creating an area and placing a block using skew, resize, transform, and align
• Using the modify tools to make a design fit in any space
• Setting up an E2E design
• Basic repositioning and advancing an E2E design
If you love precision and consistency in your quilting designs, you will love using design rulers and templates! These handy tools assist in placing designs accurately and stitching them out precisely. Learn to handle rulers and templates safely with the ruler base and Sure Foot, and how to achieve accuracy with the markings. The wide variety of Handi Quilter rulers will inspire you to new design heights!
• Handling rulers safely
• Understanding and using ruler markings for precision and accuracy
• Using piecing lines and marking tools to build ruler design confidence
• VersaTool quilting: stitch-in-the-ditich, cross-hatch, piano keys, clamshells, and arcs
• Applying binding on the quilt frame
*Be sure to bring a notepad and a pen to take notes!
Silverdale: Tuesday 3/14 & Wednesday 3/15, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Mount Vernon: Friday 3/17 & Saturday 3/18, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM